Data Studio
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to get percentage of users who performed an event?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have setup a dashboard where I could easily get the number of users who performed a certain event in a card. I have used the 'users' metric with a filter for the 'event category' and 'event action' and it gives me the number of users who performed this event.

What I really want to do is to display the percentage of the total users who performed the event. Instead of displaying 15 users performed the event I want to display 20% of users.

How can I achieve that? I cannot have a user metric filter and another without the filter to make the comparison. Am I missing something?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I guess this is not possible. This should be a feature request.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Leonardo,

Have you found a solution to this? I am also trying to get a percentage of 'users' who performed a specific event action.

e.g my total users are 1000 and 200 performed the event action of 'watch a video'. 

I have tried a calculated metric, but it returns 100% when set to percentage

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I could not. Not sure it is possible. At the time I gave up and just displayed the absolute number, which is unfortunate since the % makes much more sense. Let me know if you find anything, I would still be interested in that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also interested in this. 

I am trying to create a Pivot table that displays:

Event | Users with events

Event1 | 50%

Event2 | 30%

Event3 | 100%

Unfortunately I have not found a solution to it until now. 

The new options in tables allow to display a metric as "% of total" but this only shows the relation between each event. In total it will always be 100% even though in my case, the sum of all events can even be more than 100% (for example if every user performs each and every event). 

But as said, unfortunately I have not found a solution until now even though I considered:

* making custom dimension using CASE statement showing "user performed event"

* making custom dimension using CASE statement showing "which event was performed by user"

* Users * MAX(CASE WHEN event category = 'xyz' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)

It would be great if data studio would support it out of the box as Google Analytics Segments do (they show you which % of users fall into this segment - which can be: created event xyz)