AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to get percentage of users who performed an event?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have setup a dashboard where I could easily get the number of users who performed a certain event in a card. I have used the 'users' metric with a filter for the 'event category' and 'event action' and it gives me the number of users who performed this event.

What I really want to do is to display the percentage of the total users who performed the event. Instead of displaying 15 users performed the event I want to display 20% of users.

How can I achieve that? I cannot have a user metric filter and another without the filter to make the comparison. Am I missing something?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I guess this is not possible. This should be a feature request.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Leonardo,

Have you found a solution to this? I am also trying to get a percentage of 'users' who performed a specific event action.

e.g my total users are 1000 and 200 performed the event action of 'watch a video'. 

I have tried a calculated metric, but it returns 100% when set to percentage

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I could not. Not sure it is possible. At the time I gave up and just displayed the absolute number, which is unfortunate since the % makes much more sense. Let me know if you find anything, I would still be interested in that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also interested in this. 

I am trying to create a Pivot table that displays:

Event | Users with events

Event1 | 50%

Event2 | 30%

Event3 | 100%

Unfortunately I have not found a solution to it until now. 

The new options in tables allow to display a metric as "% of total" but this only shows the relation between each event. In total it will always be 100% even though in my case, the sum of all events can even be more than 100% (for example if every user performs each and every event). 

But as said, unfortunately I have not found a solution until now even though I considered:

* making custom dimension using CASE statement showing "user performed event"

* making custom dimension using CASE statement showing "which event was performed by user"

* Users * MAX(CASE WHEN event category = 'xyz' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)

It would be great if data studio would support it out of the box as Google Analytics Segments do (they show you which % of users fall into this segment - which can be: created event xyz)