Data Studio
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to fetch value of a cell from Google Sheets?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jyoti G
April 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You can't tell it to fetch a specific cell location. Let's say you need to know how many cars were sold in March 2017. 

In Google Sheets your data might look like this:

Month        # cars sold

201701         10

201702         20

201703         15

Then in your scorecard, you pull in # cars sold as your metric and yearmonth as your dimension (make sure your dataset is formatted for the right type of date, whether its a YYYYMMDD, YYYYMM, or whatever). Then you apply a filter to the scorecard for the specific month (or date range) you're looking for.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Could you provide more details?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Yes, Sure!! so i am preparing a report for my director which needs data from Analytics and Google Sheets both. So there was a total of No. of Cars sold that needs to be fetched in a scorecard in google data studio report (Lets say that this value is in D12 in google sheets). I am not able to fetch that D12 in Google DAta Studio.

-Jyoti

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jyoti G
April 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You can't tell it to fetch a specific cell location. Let's say you need to know how many cars were sold in March 2017. 

In Google Sheets your data might look like this:

Month        # cars sold

201701         10

201702         20

201703         15

Then in your scorecard, you pull in # cars sold as your metric and yearmonth as your dimension (make sure your dataset is formatted for the right type of date, whether its a YYYYMMDD, YYYYMM, or whatever). Then you apply a filter to the scorecard for the specific month (or date range) you're looking for.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Thanks!!

I did some changes in my Gooogle Sheet the way you mentioned and its now pulling the data the way i want it to be. Thank you !!