AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to fetch value of a cell from Google Sheets?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jyoti G
April 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You can't tell it to fetch a specific cell location. Let's say you need to know how many cars were sold in March 2017. 

In Google Sheets your data might look like this:

Month        # cars sold

201701         10

201702         20

201703         15

Then in your scorecard, you pull in # cars sold as your metric and yearmonth as your dimension (make sure your dataset is formatted for the right type of date, whether its a YYYYMMDD, YYYYMM, or whatever). Then you apply a filter to the scorecard for the specific month (or date range) you're looking for.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Could you provide more details?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Yes, Sure!! so i am preparing a report for my director which needs data from Analytics and Google Sheets both. So there was a total of No. of Cars sold that needs to be fetched in a scorecard in google data studio report (Lets say that this value is in D12 in google sheets). I am not able to fetch that D12 in Google DAta Studio.

-Jyoti

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jyoti G
April 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You can't tell it to fetch a specific cell location. Let's say you need to know how many cars were sold in March 2017. 

In Google Sheets your data might look like this:

Month        # cars sold

201701         10

201702         20

201703         15

Then in your scorecard, you pull in # cars sold as your metric and yearmonth as your dimension (make sure your dataset is formatted for the right type of date, whether its a YYYYMMDD, YYYYMM, or whatever). Then you apply a filter to the scorecard for the specific month (or date range) you're looking for.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Thanks!!

I did some changes in my Gooogle Sheet the way you mentioned and its now pulling the data the way i want it to be. Thank you !!