Data Studio
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to exclude values in a Text calculated field that is used as a filter list/drop down

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a filter list that lists user names.  It is from a single column from my data source.  I am trying to remove blanks and the value "N/A" from that list.

I see the CASE statement can be used, but not sure how to use to exclude values from this list.

Would it be something like:

CASE 
    WHEN myField IN ("","N/A")THEN "" 
END 

Can you use TRIM to trim all blanks from the CASE statement? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dan Z
July

How to exclude values in a Text calculated field that is used as a filter list/drop down

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

What you could try is to create a filter that applies to your filter. Set it as the field is not equal to null, and that should remove it from the filter list. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dan Z
July

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

What you could try is to create a filter that applies to your filter. Set it as the field is not equal to null, and that should remove it from the filter list. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did not scroll far enough in the Filter properties section --- just saw the Add a Filter area and corrected this.

Thanks!