Data Studio
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to display value in % in report when using calculated fields?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

How to display value in % in report when using calculated fields (data source: google sheets) Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Albert Z
July

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

What if, instead of creating the percent in Sheets, you load the retweet count and tweet likes as your metrics, and then create the percent in DS? For instance, in you dataset setup, add a metric with the formula "tweet like/tweet retweet count" and make sure you change the type to number/percent.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

If you're calculated field should result in a percentage format (like a click rate), then in your dataset setting, change the type to number, and hover over "number" until the drop down appears and select "percent."

If you're value is an integer and you also want to represent is as a percent of total (in anything but a pie chart), then that feature isn't available yet. 

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thank you for your help!

In my dataset setting (Google Sheets), I can change the type to number, percent etc but it will not change the format displayed as 10% in DS where it is still displayed as a number 0.1 and not a percent 10%. I can select from number, heatmap or bar in Style, Column section in DS. Ideally, I want % calculated field (Conversion rate) from my Google sheets displayed in an exactly same manner as % and not as 0.1 (Conversion rate) in DS table. Best!

Data Source (Google Sheets) Vs DS Table

Data Source.PNG

Data Studio table

DS.PNG

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Albert Z
July

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

What if, instead of creating the percent in Sheets, you load the retweet count and tweet likes as your metrics, and then create the percent in DS? For instance, in you dataset setup, add a metric with the formula "tweet like/tweet retweet count" and make sure you change the type to number/percent.