AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to create page contains

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In GA, I frequently create dashboard widgets that filter down pageviews by section. An example of this would be...

Type: Line Graph

Metric: Pageviews

Filter: Page contains /loremipsum/

I am trying to create custom metrics in Data Studio and can't seem to correctly construct this formula. Can someone please provide an example of how I would do this?

Here's the real life problem....

I want to be able to view all pageviews on classics.autotrader.com that have /classic-cars/ in the URL string. ie. https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1984/jeep/cj/100789722

How to create page contains

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You should be able to create a filter that includes "page" contains /loremipsum/. What happens when you try that? You could also try "matches regex" or "contains regex" instead of "contains." Can you post a screenshot of your filter setup?

If the thing you're looking for is always the first page directory after the domain (e.g., www.domain.com/first/second/third.aspx), then you can use page path 1 in your filter instead of page.