AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to create a KPI graphic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All:

I need some urgent help, 

I whant to create a graphic that show all the sessions by month but i need to put in this graphic some manual KPIs like:

sessions      kpi sessions

january   59000          70000

february  65000          80000

this can be done in google data studio?

thanks in advance

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

When you say "kpi sessions," what do you mean exactly? Is this the goal you're hoping the sessions metric will hit?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, yes it's. But i need to add another column in which i can see no just the sessions that analitycs is bringing but also i need to add my own goals by month (KPI SESSION= THE SESSIONS THAT I WANT TO REACH BY A MONTH)

Thanks Smiley Very Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

The way that I've done this is to download the session data into Google Sheets (there's an add-in that can automate this), add the goals, and the use that Sheet as the data source. It's less up-to-the-minute than pulling directly from GA, but if you have a specific goal value, that's the workaround I've found. However, if you have a goal value that's 25% more than last year, you may be able to create a calculated metric out of the GA metric to use as your KPI goal. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot !!!!! I will try it  Smiley Very Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It works!!! but i have an issue with the format of "duration" of the "time on page", because it seems that GDS dont recognise it, even when i tried to change to number format in google sheets and change to duration format in GDS it shows me 00:00:00 can you help me?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I've had this issue before but I don't remember how I fixed it (it was at a previous job so I don't have access to that report). I googled it and found this: http://www.annielytics.com/blog/analytics/replicating-google-analytics-time-format-in-excel/ 

Hope it helps!