Guide Me
star_border

How to create a KPI graphic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All:

I need some urgent help, 

I whant to create a graphic that show all the sessions by month but i need to put in this graphic some manual KPIs like:

sessions      kpi sessions

january   59000          70000

february  65000          80000

this can be done in google data studio?

thanks in advance

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

When you say "kpi sessions," what do you mean exactly? Is this the goal you're hoping the sessions metric will hit?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, yes it's. But i need to add another column in which i can see no just the sessions that analitycs is bringing but also i need to add my own goals by month (KPI SESSION= THE SESSIONS THAT I WANT TO REACH BY A MONTH)

Thanks Smiley Very Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

The way that I've done this is to download the session data into Google Sheets (there's an add-in that can automate this), add the goals, and the use that Sheet as the data source. It's less up-to-the-minute than pulling directly from GA, but if you have a specific goal value, that's the workaround I've found. However, if you have a goal value that's 25% more than last year, you may be able to create a calculated metric out of the GA metric to use as your KPI goal. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot !!!!! I will try it  Smiley Very Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It works!!! but i have an issue with the format of "duration" of the "time on page", because it seems that GDS dont recognise it, even when i tried to change to number format in google sheets and change to duration format in GDS it shows me 00:00:00 can you help me?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I've had this issue before but I don't remember how I fixed it (it was at a previous job so I don't have access to that report). I googled it and found this: http://www.annielytics.com/blog/analytics/replicating-google-analytics-time-format-in-excel/ 

Hope it helps!