Data Studio
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to change time view in dashboard graphs?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For the My Dashboard reports, it is showing Daily view only.  How do I change to Weekly or Monthly?

My site is relatively low traffic, so daily view isn't as helpful for trends as weekly/monthly.

Thanks.

Re: How to change time view in dashboard graphs?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Tyler -- What is the timeframe you've set in the upper right of the dashboard? Can do day, month, year, etc.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ben,

My issue is that on the graphs, it shows the data for everyday, whereas I would like it to be for every week or month. Right now it is too spiky rather than showing a general trend. So, if I show data for the past month in the upper right timeframe selection, it still shows in the graphs by day, not by week, which would be more helpful...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You gotta edit your data source connection, in the field that you use as "DATE", change it to "MONTH (MM)".

Here's an example, it's in portuguese but I think you'll understand:

Captura de Tela 2016-12-13 às 11.41.12.png

Hope this helps you out Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, but I don't see the "data source connection" settings you are referring to...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You have to click on the date Dimension and then "Create New Dimension" and edit this should load the screen that Michel screen grabbed with your Date name and a drop down to change to MM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Still not following.  I'm in Reporting tab.  I was looking to change time dimension for a Dashboard...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, 

i have the same Problem, i think the Workaround is to add a new dimension to your Datasource. 

Mark the Graph

click on the pen at datasource

click on the plus Button

datasource.png

Then you can add for example the formula: "month(INPUT Variabel with Date)"

Then you can change choose this dimension for the graph. The only Problem i got is, that if the Period is longer than a year this dosn't work. Can anybody help?