6.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to apply Segments to DataStudio Dashboard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just started using DataStudio and i'm amazing with the Great user interface and ease of use, however i have noticed few limitation that probably something i cant didnt know how to implement so far.

For example, How to apply Segment to a dashboard? 

on another note : 

Can i save a filter and apply it to multiple elements in the dashboard? 

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Re: How to apply Segments to DataStudio Dashboard

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Michel, 

You mean Google Analytics segments? If so, this feature unfortunately isn't available yet (though I hope it's added in the future).

As far as saving a filter and applying it to multiple elements in the dashboard, click anywhere on the screen that doesn't contain an element, and then on the Properties Panel on the far right, you'll see an option to view "Report and Theme" or "Current Page" settings. From there: 

Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 4.25.08 PM.png

1) If you want to use a filter across multiple pages, click "Report and Theme Settings" and scroll down to implement the filter there.

2) If you only want elements on the current page to inherit the filter, click "Current Page Settings" and create the filter.

Additionally, if you ever don't want a particular element to inherit a page or report-level filter, there is an option to turn off the 'Inherit Filter' function on the element level.

Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 4.30.01 PM.png

Hope this helps! 

How to apply Segments to DataStudio Dashboard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Michel

I think the feature is available in Data Studio now.

Please see this link: https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/7287743?hl=en