Data Studio
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to add a comparison value in Scorecard? (Datasource: Google sheets, Comparison: date vs date)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

How to add a comparison value in Scorecard? (Datasource: Google sheets, Format: table where Column A: Date and Column B: Value)

How to add a comparison value in Scorecard? (Datasource: Google sheets, Comparison: date vs date)

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

What type of comparison? If you want to look at previous period, previous month, etc, then that's fairly easy in the date comparison controls.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am looking to compare date vs previous date values (or date range vs previous date range values). How do I need to format my table in google sheets so I can use GDS date comparison controls? Thank you very much again

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same question here... having a lot of trouble using the comparison feature. Is this a glitch in the beta, or am I truly missing something?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I alo would like to know how to format my data in google sheets to for a custom scorecard filter with date range comparison

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You need to format your date dimension in Sheets to be YYYYMMDD format, then when loading it into DS, make sure that the date is formatted as a YYYYMMDD instead of a text field (sometimes it doesn't read it properly). If you have any errors, posting screenshots will help (of both the chart setup and the data setup).