AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to add a comparison value in Scorecard? (Datasource: Google sheets, Comparison: date vs date)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

How to add a comparison value in Scorecard? (Datasource: Google sheets, Format: table where Column A: Date and Column B: Value)

How to add a comparison value in Scorecard? (Datasource: Google sheets, Comparison: date vs date)

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

What type of comparison? If you want to look at previous period, previous month, etc, then that's fairly easy in the date comparison controls.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am looking to compare date vs previous date values (or date range vs previous date range values). How do I need to format my table in google sheets so I can use GDS date comparison controls? Thank you very much again

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same question here... having a lot of trouble using the comparison feature. Is this a glitch in the beta, or am I truly missing something?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I alo would like to know how to format my data in google sheets to for a custom scorecard filter with date range comparison

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You need to format your date dimension in Sheets to be YYYYMMDD format, then when loading it into DS, make sure that the date is formatted as a YYYYMMDD instead of a text field (sometimes it doesn't read it properly). If you have any errors, posting screenshots will help (of both the chart setup and the data setup).

Re: How to add a comparison value in Scorecard? (Datasource: Google sheets, Comparison: date vs date

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same issue ! I wanna compare mounth to previous mounth and I did that date format YYYYMMDD in my google sheet + date format YYYYMMDD in Data studio field, but there no data in comparison Smiley Sad 

Capture d’écran 2018-06-08 à 17.34.30.pngCapture d’écran 2018-06-08 à 17.34.37.pngCapture d’écran 2018-06-08 à 17.35.20.pngCapture d’écran 2018-06-08 à 17.35.33.png

I'm sure i'm missing something...  

Thanx a lot !

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Ah, I see. Yes, for some reason Data Studio doesn't do well with the %change year-over-year when the months are in a table like that. I've seen several threads talking about the same issue. 

They just rolled out a new way to calculate metrics that might help (I haven't played with it too much, so I can't guarantee). When you pull in the metric, click the pencil mark on the metric in setup, and change the calculation to running delta. You should then also be able to pull in the metric again and have the whole number by not selecting a calculation. I don't know if this will just compare april to last april, or if it'll add up everything for this year and do the % change that way. Worth experimenting with.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanx Litmon, but I just want to compare month to last month in the same year, this year (February to January, March to February, etc.) so it should be very simple as I wrote all data that I have...

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I think that might be how the running delta works.