AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to access the number generated by 2 unique scorecards to get a %

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to access the 'number' displayed in one scorecard and divide it by the 'number' displayed in another scorecard (i.e. scorecard1/scorecard2 when both metric types are number)

In my situation scorecard one is pulling transactions from data source Cloud SQL and the second scorecard is pulling users from data source Google Analytics.

In another situation I'd use the same idea to create a funnel that would allow me to display the % of people that get to certain points in a funnel, but I need to be able to access the 'number' displayed in each unique scorecard to get that %. 

Please if you have any suggestions on how this can be done differently, I'm all ears, otherwise I hope you can consider looking into adding this feature.

Best,
Dustin

Re: How to access the number generated by 2 unique scorecards to get a %

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@Dustin

Unfortunately this calculated metrics from 2 different data sources is not currently supported Smiley Sad

I was trying to do the same for Blended CTR i.e (PPC Sessions + Organic sessions) / (PPC Impressions + Organic Impression) and also encountered this issue...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqZtCvkXYAEnmba.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqgF8iWWIAAGyFp.jpg

Currently the only work-around is to link the 2 data sets in GoogleSheets or BigQuery to create a blended data set, and then use this single data source for calculated metrics.

Thanks

Phil.

Tip: In the UI... Please press the feature request button in Top Navigation under "share your ideas" and fill in the for to request this feature. add a link to this post in the form submission.

Re: How to access the number generated by 2 unique scorecards to get a %

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Phil. I thought I'd be notified of your reply via gmail, so my bad not responding sooner.

Appreciate the response and glad you see the value. I'll follow your instructions for requesting this feature.

Best,

Dustin