Data Studio
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How should I sync the format of metric from my google sheet to data studio. It's a percentage field.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to create a simple report with percentages row as a metric using a google sheet as a data source. The percentage entries are not showing any value when chosen as a metric. There is no error message. I tried different combinations of changing the format in the google sheet and field in the data source. But it's not working. Please help..

How should I sync the format of metric from my google sheet to data studio. It's a percentage field.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Are they set as percentages in your Google Sheet? In the edit section of the data source, is your metric set to percentage?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, kept both as percentages. Tried with two three other versions also. Number in sheet and number in studio or percentage in studio. Did few refreshes as well

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Ah, I see, you have the number in sheet, not the percentage. I haven't found a way to have the number turn into a percent in anything but a pie chart, regardless of trying in the edit dataset section. If anyone else knows a method, please chime in. 

Until it's figured out, try adding a separate % metric to your Sheet in addition to the total number.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Can you share a subset of data with us(just a sample would do). So that we can give it a try on our end and see if we face the same issues as well?  

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Heya,

It worked on my end Smiley Happy Got a video for you here. If your data looks different, then do provide a sample subset and we can look into it.

Cheers!

Angel

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Great video, Angel! 

The percents you included worked well. However, what I've been trying to do is a little different than that. For instance, if I have the total number of clicks in my dataset (whether Sheets or GA), I'd like to be able to convert that number into a % of total. So in this case it wouldn't be CTR, it would be what percent of clicks did January have, or February (or whatever dimension it's sliced by)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a ton!

The video is great, solved my problem