AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How should I sync the format of metric from my google sheet to data studio. It's a percentage field.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to create a simple report with percentages row as a metric using a google sheet as a data source. The percentage entries are not showing any value when chosen as a metric. There is no error message. I tried different combinations of changing the format in the google sheet and field in the data source. But it's not working. Please help..

How should I sync the format of metric from my google sheet to data studio. It's a percentage field.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Are they set as percentages in your Google Sheet? In the edit section of the data source, is your metric set to percentage?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, kept both as percentages. Tried with two three other versions also. Number in sheet and number in studio or percentage in studio. Did few refreshes as well

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Ah, I see, you have the number in sheet, not the percentage. I haven't found a way to have the number turn into a percent in anything but a pie chart, regardless of trying in the edit dataset section. If anyone else knows a method, please chime in. 

Until it's figured out, try adding a separate % metric to your Sheet in addition to the total number.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Can you share a subset of data with us(just a sample would do). So that we can give it a try on our end and see if we face the same issues as well?  

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Heya,

It worked on my end Smiley Happy Got a video for you here. If your data looks different, then do provide a sample subset and we can look into it.

Cheers!

Angel

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Great video, Angel! 

The percents you included worked well. However, what I've been trying to do is a little different than that. For instance, if I have the total number of clicks in my dataset (whether Sheets or GA), I'd like to be able to convert that number into a % of total. So in this case it wouldn't be CTR, it would be what percent of clicks did January have, or February (or whatever dimension it's sliced by)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a ton!

The video is great, solved my problem