Data Studio
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How should I input data in a Google Spreadsheet to make data comparison works automatically?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I'm trying to build a report based on those clicks, impressions, CTR charts presented on Google Adwords Example Report

So far I created a Google Spreadsheet with a date field and a number field, but when I add that kind of chart, it doesn't let me select to show/compare with older data. I want something like this Clicks / 6,3 mil / -20,0%, but all I could show is Clicks / 6,3 mil.

So, how should I create/build my Google Spreadsheet in a way that Google Studio understands data/period to compare automatically using this chart component?

This is the component I'm talking about, in case it's not clear:

chart.png

This is what I want, using my own Google Spreadsheet document:

chart-data.png

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Michel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michel S
December 2016

How should I input data in a Google Spreadsheet to make data comparison works automatically?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Michel

I had the same issue few days ago. I changed the date format in my google sheet and now the dates are recognized with datastudio.

I used the personnalised format with googlesheet (yyyymmdd). Go to the format menu then number > other format > personnalised format ...

Hope it will be helpful !

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michel S
December 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Michel

I had the same issue few days ago. I changed the date format in my google sheet and now the dates are recognized with datastudio.

I used the personnalised format with googlesheet (yyyymmdd). Go to the format menu then number > other format > personnalised format ...

Hope it will be helpful !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Thierry! I noticed that long after I made the post... It seems you need to leave a date field with yyyymmdd format.

Thank you Smiley Happy