Data Studio
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How do I compare This year (YTD) with same period last year instead of all of last year?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have added ScoreCard data for Revenue setting default date range to Custom: "this year" which is basically YTD and I want to compare that number to same period Last Year, but when I add "Date compare type": "last year" it compares to the entire last year instead of using the same period for last year and that comparison is useless, how do I fix that or is that really a bug?

Cheers

Bo

How do I compare This year (YTD) with same period last year instead of all of last year?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

The only way I've found to do this is to update the YTD date range, rather than selecting "this year". Until they have a dynamic date range (up until today), this is going to be a problem and DS isn't smart enough to slice your "this year" date range so it includes dates that only happen compared to those same days last year.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Litmon

Thank you for your reply unfortunately that is not really a feasible solution, I need the dynamic date range as we have in Analytics, I will try and send it as feedback, and cross my fingers :-)

Cheers

Bo 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

+1 that when selecting this year, this month, this quarter, etc. that historical date range comparisons should default to only the days that had already happened in the comparison period too.

I would think that in most cases, if someone selects "this year" with comparison to "last year" they probably mean this year YTD vs last year YTD.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Agreed! Looking forward to this too!