AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How can I use more than one chart from the same Google Sheets document in a report

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a report in which I have created space for five tables. I have connected the first one to a range in sheet 2 of my Google Sheets document. It displays fine. When I try to add a connection to another range in sheet 3 of the same Google Sheets document it worked, except that the first table has changed to match the second. What's going on? in both cases, I selected the Google Sheet, then clicked the sheet (tab) name, then added the correct range address manually.  How can I reference different parts of the same document?

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gary M
May 2017

How can I use more than one chart from the same Google Sheets document in a report

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I think you're inadvertently altering the same datasource.  e.g. editing the same datasource without creating a new one.

What you need to do is create a datasource for each individual cell range and then apply that datasource to each table.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gary M
May 2017

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I think you're inadvertently altering the same datasource.  e.g. editing the same datasource without creating a new one.

What you need to do is create a datasource for each individual cell range and then apply that datasource to each table.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

It's certainly inadvertent! I have tried editing one of the connections to point it at the other source, but DS seems to have got stuck after I pressed Reconnect. 

OK, I tried it again. It looks like you have to click on the source name to add a data source. I can't recall for sure, but I think i clicked table place holder, then the pen and clicked to the source from there (file > spreadsheet > worksheet > range. 

Capture3.PNGCapture2.PNG

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

You can also click on the top menu and go to "Resources > Manage added data sources" to modify and add additional datasources.