Data Studio
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How can I use more than one chart from the same Google Sheets document in a report

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a report in which I have created space for five tables. I have connected the first one to a range in sheet 2 of my Google Sheets document. It displays fine. When I try to add a connection to another range in sheet 3 of the same Google Sheets document it worked, except that the first table has changed to match the second. What's going on? in both cases, I selected the Google Sheet, then clicked the sheet (tab) name, then added the correct range address manually.  How can I reference different parts of the same document?

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gary M
May

How can I use more than one chart from the same Google Sheets document in a report

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you're inadvertently altering the same datasource.  e.g. editing the same datasource without creating a new one.

What you need to do is create a datasource for each individual cell range and then apply that datasource to each table.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gary M
May

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you're inadvertently altering the same datasource.  e.g. editing the same datasource without creating a new one.

What you need to do is create a datasource for each individual cell range and then apply that datasource to each table.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

It's certainly inadvertent! I have tried editing one of the connections to point it at the other source, but DS seems to have got stuck after I pressed Reconnect. 

OK, I tried it again. It looks like you have to click on the source name to add a data source. I can't recall for sure, but I think i clicked table place holder, then the pen and clicked to the source from there (file > spreadsheet > worksheet > range. 

Capture3.PNGCapture2.PNG

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You can also click on the top menu and go to "Resources > Manage added data sources" to modify and add additional datasources.