AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3K members online now
3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How can I show different data columns on the same chart using a button/toggle?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to create a pie chart or bar graph with one column of data in the x axis, and a button or something of the sort to toggle what data column for the y axis.

For a hypothetical, suppose I had a bar graph with the months across the bottom. I'd like for there to a be button so that the graph shows new users, total  users, revenue for the month, etc. Is there a way to do that? The data filter function does not let me use different columns, unless I'm missing something.

How can I show different data columns on the same chart using a button/toggle?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Claire,

I don't believe there is currently a way to do this based on toggling between views. You should be able to put them all on the same bar graph with each being a new metric. You would utilize months as you dimension and simply add the metrics to the same graph. You can adjust to have 2 y-axis under style settings if your numbers are drastically different, and set up which of the metrics applies to each axis. 

Best of Luck