1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How can I add percentages in data studio?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I want to add percentages in tables in data studio. For example: I want to see % of total like this:  http://screencast.com/t/FOK2f1fk0u

Can you help me with this? Smiley Happy

Thanks! 

Kim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kim,

Try clicking the little pencil next to the data source for your table.

Then click the blue + (plus) button next to Field (top left of the field list).  This gives you the possibility to add a calculated field and set the numeric display to Percent.

Hope that helps.

Simon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your quick reply! I've tried to add a calculated field, but I can't find the right formula to get the '% of total sessions'. Do you have an idea?

Kim

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yep, I'm looking for same result,

I tried calculated filed with sessions/SUM(sessions) but says it's wrong formula

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You could sort of get the same result by changing the series's format in the Style menu from number to bar and then checking the show number box. This will show the number with a bar next to it that visually displays the % of the total for that metric. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bar with Show number still just shows static number and not a percentage. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I want to do a very simple percentage calculation and I'm surprised I can't. I want to track the percentage of clicks from URL X to Y.

Maybe defining variables in Datastudio would help? if I have a single number in a scorecard, being able to set the number pulled to the scorecard as a variable and use it in equations would be a very powerful addition to Datastudio.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This worked for me! Thanks!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can also edit the 'type' section of an existing field - click the existing type drop down and choose percentage within the numeric subset 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Simon W! Smiley Happy