4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How can I add percentages in data studio?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 11
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know this is an old thread, but I hope this helps someone.

Click on the table to access Table Properties. On the Data tab, a pencil icon will appear when you hover over the left side of the Metric chip. Click on the pencil to edit the metric. Change “Type” to “Percent” and change “Analytical Function” to “Percent of Total.”

Hope that works for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 12
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I would like to ask about percentages in Google Data Studio. I upload table from Excel with percentages and it didn't get on Google Data Studio. How can I add percentages in this table?

For example: http://www.screencast.com/t/zsfxeecqkWcz

Can you help me with this? Smiley Happy

Thanks!
Sigita

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 13
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I believe it's as @Felix C explains:

Click on the table to access Table Properties. On the Data tab, a pencil icon will appear when you hover over the left side of the Metric chip. Click on the pencil to edit the metric. Change “Type” to “Percent” and change “Analytical Function” to “Percent of Total.”

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 14
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is close to what I need to do, except that it doesn't allow me to change it to a percentage of total across the dimension. In my table I have the months across the columns of a table and I want to set the cells to be the percentage for that month. It looks as if it's not currently possible though.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 15
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh I see - I'm not sure if that is possible. Where is the data being pulled from? One work-around is to pull the data into google sheets using something like Supermetrics, and create the % column that your require, GDS will then pull that % data in to GDS on a fairly regular basis. I understand that this might not be ideal, but it might be an option. 

Highlighted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 16
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the input Nick B - the data is coming in from a google sheet, but unfortunately I need to be able to slice the metric by other dimensions other than the one I'm calculating against so I don't think this would work. Cheers all the same.