Data Studio
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Hey guys, I know Data Studio connects to MySQL, but does it also connect to SQL Server? What are the

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, I know Data Studio connects to MySQL, but does it also connect to SQL Server? What are the main differences between MySQL & SQL Server?

Thanks!
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Watasit C
January 2017

Hey guys, I know Data Studio connects to MySQL, but does it also connect to SQL Server? What are the

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

There are multiple ways to do that but a simple Google search returned this discussion, which seems fairly straightforward:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33421470/insert-1-million-records-from-sql-server-to-bigquery-tab...

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Not yet.

The only DBs you can connect to at the moment are MySQL and PostgreSQL.

I have high hopes for SQL Server and Oracle but you're better off pulling that data out and into GCP/BigQuery and then leverage those connectors to use that data in DS

Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Julien. Do you have references or documents describing how we can connect SQL Server to BigQuery? Then we can import BigQuery straight into Data Studio.

Thanks!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Watasit C
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

There are multiple ways to do that but a simple Google search returned this discussion, which seems fairly straightforward:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33421470/insert-1-million-records-from-sql-server-to-bigquery-tab...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much Julien!