Data Studio
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Has anyone re-created a similar dashboard to the new "Home" Dashboard on GA?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 7.32.01 PM.jpg

<- Like this one?

I'm about to work on recreating some of them for my standard base-template, but if anyone wants to share the load or has some done it would be nice to share. I hate tedious things.

I really like the active user one but not sure if it's possible w/ straight GA

Has anyone re-created a similar dashboard to the new &quot;Home&quot; Dashboard on GA?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

No, but it looks good. I will give it a try myself! I find it very cool! 

Re: Has anyone re-created a similar dashboard to the new "Home" Dashboard on GA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taylor!

Currently, Data Studio does not offer metrics like Active Users as I see in my reports options

Has anyone re-created a similar dashboard to the new &quot;Home&quot; Dashboard on GA?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

No, 

But you can get Number of sessions instead. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Data Studio sadly doesn't offer all the visualizations you see under the GA Home tab - no map, no heatmap, no cohort style, and very limited interactions, and no ability to let the user select a segment. I wish there was more uniformity between the various solutions - I guess this will come eventually. I don't see why DS and GA wouldn't share the same visualization libraries.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Actually, with the Table chart, you can add a "heatmap" within the Style options panel. Still not fulfill all our needs, but there are new features weeks after weeks! 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Agree, and I would add, Adwords has a whole separate (new) reporting application, that is in many ways better than Google Analytics. Drag and drop fields to your heart's content. I guess this is what they mean by Google having many separate "silos" as as business. 

Simply put, I think it is clear that users want to be able to edit/modify the widgets in this new Home view. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Oh yes! That's right Smiley Happy

I recently had to advise one of my clients for a good reporting & dashboarding solution, ranging from Excel/Google Sheet with plugins to Data Studio, to one of multiple SaaS-based solutions and up to Tableau. Given their maturity level, I advised them to go with Data Studio even if for now there are some limitations. The solution is evolving very quickly and I have no doubt within a couple of months it will be a very different product.

Story repeats itself... when GA came out competitors dismissed it as "free", "entry level". Look now! GA is used by over 80% of the Top Retailers according to a study by Cardinal Path.

When GTM was launched, all competitors played the game of saying Google was "educating" the market - sure did! GTM is now the dominant solution amongst retailers.

Little birds are telling me SaaS-based dashboarding solutions will have a hard time (GoT reference totally intended!)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great stuff Taylor but it would be better if we could convert the home dashboard into a report?