Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Grouping Pages By Folder Name For Graphs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

This is issue has been really racking my brain, and i can't seem to find a solution. To make a long story short, i am trying to create a bar graph that shows how many people visited a category of pages. Meaning, how many people viewed the total number of pages inside of  /blog/, /whitepaper/, /comics/  and /ebooks/ as an example. I am able to create this regex  ^(/white-papers.*) and i can create something like ^(/white-papers.*|/ebook.*) but the data that comes back includes specific pages in those categories. Is there a way to have Data studio aggregate each sub-folder's traffic and present it in a graph that shows 30 visitors from blog, 20 from whitepapers etc?

Thanks Smiley Happy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael M
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Michael,

I think this would be called grouping, and isn't currently supported in Data Studio to my knowledge. It would however be an excellent feature to have added in the future!

Ben

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael M
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Michael,

I think this would be called grouping, and isn't currently supported in Data Studio to my knowledge. It would however be an excellent feature to have added in the future!

Ben