Data Studio
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Google sheets not updating to my data studio.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Spoiler
Hi all
my data studio won't update new rows. I have added new data to the google sheet being used by data studio but the new data is not shown.

I have refreshed with the button.
I have selected show entire data range
I have tried to select date ranges manually to allow data to be in range

I'm lost, why would my data not be updating 
thanks in advance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here. The only way around it is to make a space next to the name field in Google Sheets, fooling Data Studio into thinking there was a change made and the relinking the "new" column to the graph. Then the numeric data gets updated. Weirdly, when I take the space away again, the old data is displayed even though that data no longer exists on the sheet.

I really do hope this issue is addressed. I would like my data to be changed automatically as I update the sheet.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had the same problem and suspected it's because the data was cached. So I turned this off in report settings and reloaded the page. Voila. Fresh data for gsheets was there. Maybe you'd confirm it's working like that for you too?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That did the trick. Why did I never think of that? Thanks for your help Simon. Having no issues pulling data through now. Just hit the refresh button and it's there.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also changed my gsheet settings to recalculate 'on change and every minute', but I'm still not sure if that means my DS dashboard will update when there is new data in the gsheet without manually reloading the dashboard in order to force it to refresh. Do you know if DS pushes updates like that?

Re: Google sheets not updating to my data studio.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Something else to check for - If it is a bar graph, make sure you are showing enough bars in the graph.

Select your bar graph, go to "STYLE", and under "Bars" make sure your graph is showing enough bars. Doesn't hurt to go ahead and set the number of bars high, especially if you're going to updating the data for your bar chart periodically. Ran into this and felt silly. But hope this helps someone!

Capture.PNG