AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Google my Business

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey everybody,

Is it possible to show GMB data in the studio? Maybe export to sheets and then connect it?

How can I distinguish the information of google my business from search console?

thx!

Google my Business

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Oshri M

There isn't a direct connector available for GMB yet, but as you say you can take the data out manually, put it into a Google Sheet (as one example) and then connect this as a data source.

In terms of differentiating the data once it's used on a report, you'll have to make this clear in your chart titles and labels, so that when you refer back it your report you remember which data is feeding which chart.

Hope that helps,

Ben

Google my Business

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Ben P,

Thanks for the response!

Exporting manually is not scalable since I want my clients and partners to see real-time data that is consistent across reporting platforms.

Unfortunately API is also not a feasible solution because I'm not that technical.

Regarding diffrentientig the data from console and GMB:

I just frustrated that I see data discrepancies in GMB, Console, and GA:

For a similar time frame:

GMB: 14 clicks on the website.

Console: 243 clicks on the website.

GA: 272 sessions from google organic.

Maybe you can explain that to me?

thx!

Google my Business

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Oshri,

I can't completely explain the difference, but your GA sessions from Google Organic may be coming from sampled data, so it won't match exactly. If you need a more detailed answer it may be worth contacting Google support, or posting in the Google Analytics forums here for another response Smiley Happy

Hope that helps,

Ben

Google my Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ohsri,

I had the same question as you regarding GMB and Data Studio integration, so thanks for asking. 

Your questions regarding discrepancy of clicks I would answer the following way: The GMB clicks are only clicks on your listing in Maps or the Map pack in organic results. The 243 clicks from console are clicks on organic search results, not map results. 

The two added together would be 257, which is closer to the 272 number. The difference there is probably sampling as Ben mentioned. 

We had a client ranking #1 in maps and #1 in organic, and the organic listing had a horrible CTR in search console, so we assumed the clicks were going to the map result. 

Hope this helps. 

Google my Business

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi guys,

Thanks for the response and sorry for mine late one.

1. sampling is not an option because those are way lower than sampling threshold.

2. The inconsistencies are weird:

31/08-26/09

gmb "visit your website" 97

console "clicks" 456

ga "google/ organic" sessions 425

but latest speculations is calculation method count different things.

a click is always counted whereas it may be ended with a bounce/ js blocker etc.

* what your thoughts on utm tagging the site url in gmb?

1. would still love a gmb->data studio native connection. 

2. scheduled reports from gmb.

thx all.

oshri.