AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4K members online now
4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Google Sheets with Multiple Tabs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I'd like to be able to make a connection to an entire Google Sheet, not 1 tab at a time. Am I missing something or is this not an option? Is this something that it yet to be released? I'm aware that Data Studio is still in Beta, just excited to use Google's Power BI Competitor.

Now, I can combine everything into one massive tab but... I'd at least like the option of easily connecting to multiple tabs instead of having to do them one at a time. I've got 1 tab for each month.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arden S
April 2017

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Arden S, to my knowledge 1 spreadsheet tab = 1 data source. If you want to display data that's scattered across multiple spreadsheet tabs in a single Data Studio chart or table, you'll need to aggregate the data into 1 tab in your sheet.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arden S
April 2017

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Arden S, to my knowledge 1 spreadsheet tab = 1 data source. If you want to display data that's scattered across multiple spreadsheet tabs in a single Data Studio chart or table, you'll need to aggregate the data into 1 tab in your sheet.

Re: Google Sheets with Multiple Tabs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has this changed since the question was asked?  I was trying to link different scorecards to two different tabs in Google Sheets.  I see the options for more than one worksheet in the choices, but when I try to connect the scorecards to the respective tab the other loses the data and connects to the tab I'm trying to update.  I see that Worksheets are choices when connecting the data source.  Is my only choice to aggregate the data onto one tab? 

~ Terri

GoogleSheets.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@terri

From what I've found, your best solution right now will be to combine all your data into one tab.

I'm really hoping that this changes in future releases, but as of right now this is the case.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Arden, thank you for the response and for asking the initial question.  I thought I was doing something wrong at first since I'm still new to Data Studio.  I'll put all my data in one sheet until this is fixed. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm new as well! Glad my question helped someone other than myself. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had the same issue. The solution I found was to add a new data source for each tab of your Gsheet, solved the issue for me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

this might help with automatically combining the 12 sheets/months  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8awNSYNdq4