6.3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Google Sheets Data Source not getting information correctly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just started using Data Studio the other day I've successfully gotten a mysql data source and a Google Analytics data source as well. I've been having some difficulty with getting data from a google sheet loaded in. The data source has connected fine I have one column that is a data and one column that is a standard number. This is pretty much all the data in the sheet.

YearTotal PDFs
2016-01-01

The year column is formatted with Year-Month-Date and when I set that dimension to have a Date/Time of YYYYMMDD format I still can't get a number other then 0 to populate. What am I doing wrong?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You may need to make sure that the date column is added to the page or report setting's date dimension field. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have that going already. Oddly if I set the date to on the scorecard that is outputting the data to 12/31/15 - (sometime in the future) it will show the data where if I set it to 1/1/16 - (sometime in the future) it will not show anything. I've also had another friend create the exact same scorecard using the exact same sheet as the data source I had shared with him and it works perfectly fine on his. I am thinking this is some sort of bug but can't confirm or deny it.