AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

Google Sheet connected as a source but can not display any data on data sudio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have connected a Google Sheet as a source but can not display any data on data studio

image.png

I don't know which is the problem. I have used already data studio with google sheets... 

 

Google Sheet connected as a source but can not display any data on data sudio

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Pilar F


Do you have other data sources connected? Are you certain that the metrics used in these charts are only coming fro the Google Sheet source? Are these any filters on these charts?

 

Ben

Google Sheet connected as a source but can not display any data on data sudio

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Have you changed the underlying data (column headers or added/removed columns) in your Sheets data? If so, it'll give errors when you try to update it in DS. Try editing the dataset by going back and reconnecting the data, then refresh the dataset. 

Google Sheet connected as a source but can not display any data on data sudio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two data source connected, GA and Google Sheets. There are no filter in the charts.. 

In another dashboard I have tried to use same Google sheets as data source, but it does not display any data

 

Pilar

Google Sheet connected as a source but can not display any data on data sudio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did not modify the google sheet. I reconnected and refresh also, but the dashboard does not display any data

Google Sheet connected as a source but can not display any data on data sudio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had this issue. I connected a 2nd source and the problems began. 

so there are a few things you need to check. it could be a few things but try. last time I thought I had added the 2nd source but in reality, I had changed the 1st to the 2nd

 

1. clicking on a object then on the right, click the data source, if good, click the pencil, click on edit connection and check, if good then.

2. on the page with issues, right click the page, not on an object and see if the page settings have been changed ie source. if good

3. check the source, make sure the info is good, and up to date. try a report make sure they date in question you have information for.

4. make a copy of the report, then delete the second source, doing this is last resort but then you know what's left is the issue.

 

let us know if this works, good luck!