1.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business data connector

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Google My Business is the program which manages business listings on Google Maps. Some companies have hundreds, sometimes thousands, of listings. GmB is a great source of data. The local insights page tells you about the number of phonecalls generated by your listing, driving directions requests and so forth.

I'd love for Google My Business to have an official Connector in Data Studio. Google supporting Google.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

+1 this feature. Google supporting Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It would be a great feature! +1

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Exactly Google to Google.

I've been hoping for this as the data is there.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1! 

Would love this to work similar to the Adwords and Analytics connection with Data Studio.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Part of the problem is that the GMB Insights API is private, so I don't expect Google will open up a data connector for this, even as part of the Community Connector program. We built one for use internally, and it was very complicated. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Michael, 

As a new user to Data Studio, is there a resource you can direct me to build a GMB connector? Like you say it is complicated. A lot of the GMB Insights we push through to Data Studio using Analytics and goal conversions. I have found only step by step beginner guides and international videos in using it.

Basically, our monthly reporting meetings require to present data and I have found Data Studio to be efficient in automatically rolling in Analytics and AdWords data from various reps. However, we are still adding in the current star rating, customer actions and all reviews manually via a sheet to display in Data Studio. 

I have had a look at the API library and am unsure if is this something that can be done automatically with a specific API.

I would love to hear how you built the internal one for your business and if this is something that may fit our needs also. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would you mind sharing a template copy of the sheet you are using to import into Data Studio?