Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Google Data Studio for facebook report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

is it possible to create a report for facebook with google data studio?

If yes, what i can do?

Thanks,

Valentina

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Valentina F
July

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I subscribe to Supermetrics, which gives me access to Facebook data through an automated download into Google Sheets. I set it to pull down each day's data early every morning, so that the Facebook data is up-to-date as of the previous day. Then, I connect that Sheet into Data Studio. 

What I used to do before I got SuperMetrics was to download from insights and copy/paste into Google Sheets. The main downside is that the insights download is unwieldy due to how much they give you, whereas I only need certain metrics. The size might be because you're hitting the 2M cell limit in the Google Sheet?

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm working on it in this weeks.. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great! So did you download the insight data on excel sheet and linked Data Studio the sheet? I'm trying it but every time I connect it tells me "invalid size" and I can not understand why.

Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, but I'm trying to find a way to always use the same updated file with only the necessary tables .. it may be that the exported main file is too large to process ...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Valentina F
July

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I subscribe to Supermetrics, which gives me access to Facebook data through an automated download into Google Sheets. I set it to pull down each day's data early every morning, so that the Facebook data is up-to-date as of the previous day. Then, I connect that Sheet into Data Studio. 

What I used to do before I got SuperMetrics was to download from insights and copy/paste into Google Sheets. The main downside is that the insights download is unwieldy due to how much they give you, whereas I only need certain metrics. The size might be because you're hitting the 2M cell limit in the Google Sheet?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the reply. Now I will try this way. Definitely the invalid size is due to the fact that I have so many cells and I have exceeded the limit.

Re: Google Data Studio for facebook report

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes you can....we were able to use a service that imports different FB metrics and calculated metrics into our DS reports...see below

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 9.40.26 AM.png

You do not need super metrics and with this you can run any date range you like as the above example we are showing data for year to date and you are not limited to the max cell count in google sheets.  Great alternative!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tambourine , can you give me a link please

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

goo.gl/ARieQt

We do a lot of custom imports with them as well for bing cpc cost data, mail chimp and of course all the FB stats that you saw above.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, what kind of services do you use?