AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Google Data Studio connected to a Google Sheet ignoring the disable cache checkbox

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a Data Studio report connected to a Google Sheet that I own, I update the google sheet every hour and this is not showing in the report. I have read all the help pages about the prefetch cache and I have disabled it, reloaded the report, enabled it, disabled it, reloaded the report, added and removed a new component, everything I can think of and STILL the report is serving from the cache? This would appear to be a bug as it is not giving me the expected behaviour given the documentation on the cache:

As an editor, you can turn the prefetch cache on or off for a given report. You might want to do this if:

• your data changes frequently and you want to prioritize freshness over performance.

Please can this be resolved as a matter of urgency?

Many thanks

Google Data Studio connected to a Google Sheet ignoring the disable cache checkbox

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Have you refreshed the report in Data Studio?