AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Google Data Studio - Simple Question from a Complete Beginner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there,

I have a question if anyone is able help, I feel it is pretty simple. I am trying to create basic data reports for an Irish Pub which would give info about daily sales, staff hours and tips etc.

Please see the link below:

Irish Pub Google Data Studio

On the hours and tips report page, the report isn't recognising "bartender 2" or "bartender 3" instead designating all hours and tips to the "bartender 1". Is there any way to have a dimension that recognises all three fields and totals hours and tips accordingly?

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated,

Best

Patrick

Re: Google Data Studio - Simple Question from a Complete Beginner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Patrick,

I do not believe there is a way to do this in Data Studio itself. Instead, I believe you need to update your data source, which I'm guessing is a Google Sheet or some BigQuery. This would mean adding some a column that can be used as the dimension you want.

I hope this helps,

Chad (my training courses)

Re: Google Data Studio - Simple Question from a Complete Beginner

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I requested access to the report to see if I could help.
I'm not suggesting you give me edit view, but if I don't have it, I won't be able to see the dimensions and measures in your data, and so won't be able to determine the solution.

My guess is that Chad below has hit the nail on the head.