AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Google Data Studio Sheets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys! 

i am currently doing my first data studio session and i was wondering if it was possible to do the following: 

I have a report exported from excel which contains several reports all with different metrics (10 Reports all in one excel worksheet). i am trying to set different variables and metrics but data studio has only taken into consideration the first worksheet. none of the provided dimensions appear when trying to create graphs, is this because i have 10 worksheets in one file?

let me know if there is anything i can do from the GDS end. it may be the case that i have to split the worksheet manually.

Thanks,

P

Google Data Studio Sheets

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

To make sure I understand, are you saying that there are 10 different worksheets within your excel sheet? Data Studio will look at one worksheet at a time as a data source. You can have multiple datasources within your DS report, but not within any individual chart. If you need multiple metrics within the same DS chart, then I'd recommend combining your Sheets worksheets into one and using that as your data source. If your metrics don't need to be in the same chart, then all you need to do is load them as separate datasets into the different charts.