Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Google Data Studio GDN Topics & Placement Reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello;

Is it possible to have reports for AdWords GDN, Topics, Placements. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm interested also in having for placement data number of impressions and clicks in Data Studio. Is any work around to get them?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bora M
April 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

From what I know, the Adwords data studio connector currently brings in only one kind of report i.e. Account Performance Report. 

You can bring in AdWords GDN, Topics, Placements reports into data studio through CSV files. You'll have to use Adwords Query Language though.

You can use this website for more info on various Adwords report types https://www.awql.me/adwords-awql-help/ 

All you need to do is create a free account, run your query, download the report as CSV and then upload it to Data studio through file upload.

If you want Topics and Placements reports, then you should generate "DISPLAY_TOPICS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT" and "PLACEMENT_PERFORMANCE_REPORT"

reports.

Once you've generated the reports in CSV format, make sure to delete the 1st row from  the file before uploading it in data studio. Else the file wouldn't be processed.

Cheers!

Angel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

I can export the placement reports with url, impressions, clicks and costs from Adwords directly, and than import it to Data Studio.

I try to find a way to automate things. Something like having the requested data pulled automatically to a spreadsheet file witch is linked to Data Studio and use the date directly.

There is a Google Spreadsheet plugin but it costs $49/mo and it's waaaay to much for what I'm doing with it.

Regards,

Dragos