AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Google Data Studio: Filter: searching for sites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Is there an option to place a filter, where you can type somethin in to filter by i.e. landing page?

My target is to have a table (Dimension: device type; metric: page views) where you can filter the results by sites, using a filter-field for type something in (part of the resp. url, i.e. /news, /2017, etc.).

Is there something like a filter to type text into?

Thanks in advance!

BR,

Philipp

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Philipp,

you'd need to create a Custom Dimension that "groups" the pages you're looking for in your filter (e.g. Page contains "/news", "/2017" etc.).

Then, add a Filter control to your report referring to your new Custom Dimension.

Good luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

thanks for your response!

Using the filter function in the table would fit, but I want to have a field, where someone can copy the url and gets the page views of the specific page. this should work for many different requests (pages).

Is there anything like this?

Thanks in advance!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Philipp,

unfortunately what you're describing is currently not possible in data studio. There is no option for user input from a text field that can be used in filters.

From my point of view my initial suggestion is your best bet (you can also filter the items listed in the Filter control to reduce the amount of displayed items).

I know it's not optimal but I guess we just have to be patient and see what the amazing developer team of this amazing product will bring in the future.

Best Regards!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

thank you very much for your answer anyway.

I look forward to a constantly improving project. Smiley Happy

BR

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Krone,

I'm happy to tell you that user Lee H has just found out they've added a Search to the Filter control!

AMAZING! 👍👍👍👍👍

Enjoy!