Data Studio
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Google Data Studio: Filter Adwords for Search and Display?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When creating a custom AdWords report in Google Data Studio - it seems to only connect directly to the MCC. I manage both search and display within my MCC. All data is pulling in.

Is there a way to filter the report to just show data from my Search data and exclude Display data?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Josh, 

Yes. In each component (table, chart etc.) the properties sidebar has a "Filter" section that will allow you to achieve this. Scroll down to the bottom of the properties sidebar and you will see the Filters option. Unless, of course there are limitations to the data source form MCC.

B

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Bryan,

Thank you for your input. I had been using the "filter" section but it really doesn't seem to be working. I have tried "excluding" Campaign names that include "display". Doesn't seem to be excluding any display campaigns. Not sure why that wouldn't be working. Hopefully they work these issues out with the Beta

The work around for me right now is just pulling only Search data. Creating a new google doc and pulling in as a new data source. Just not efficient.

Josh

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same issue - Filter lets me add campaign status/type/status/ID, non of which I've been able to translate into Search or Display (tried "Contains" and RegEx...). If it only had "Campaign name" that might solve it...

Please advise!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In AdWords, add a column to identify the Campaign ID's for each of your campaigns. You can then create a filter in Data Studio to exclude or include any particular Campaign ID. This is the way i used to filter Display & Search campaigns.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

great it works!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got this to work.

Include - Campaign type - Equal to (=) - Search Only

The key is finding the right string for the Equals to (=), I got this by creating a table with the dimension Campaign type, which then lists the different strings for Campaign type that Data Studio sees for my AdWords Account.

I hope this helps!