Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Google Data Studio Authorization Error Still Persisting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey! 

I read a post from along time ago that an authorization error bug occurred when using compared dates and sharing the dashboard. this is that article:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio/Google-Data-Studio-Authorization-Error-when-sh...

It seems like Google fixed the issue but a temporary fix was to add an element then remove it. I made a couple of dashboards yesterday and I get the same authorization error for ALL data any time I share the dashboard. I made sure to switch the privacy settings so anyone with the link can view it. The weird thing is, I can view the original dashboard I made just fine, but when I copy it and switch the data sources, that's when I get these errors (except I can edit them fine, just not view from a different account)

Is anyone else experiencing this? Am I missing a setting in either Google Analytics or Data Studio that is blocking the data from being accessed when I copy the dashboard and switch the data elements? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting the same error and can't figure out how to fix it. Some people I share the link with experience the error... others don't. It has been an ongoing issue for me. 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Me too..... I have to re-authorise every day....