AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics View Filters in Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm using search-and-replace filter in GA view, that override non-AdWords campaign names.

A month ago I've set up a report in Data Studio. All campaign names were displayed in the same way as in the GA filtered view.

Today I noticed that campaign names in Data Studio are displayed without applying a GA filter.
No changes were made to GA either to Data Studio report settings.

Has something been changed in the logic how Data Studio work with GA filters? How can I return only filtered data from GA in Data Studio?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Sounds odd, any data from a GA View being sent to Data Studio should match the view level filters.  Have you double checked your filter in GA and checked that the source in DS matches that view?

Also do you see your campaigns properly filtered in GA for the same timeframe you have in DS that is showing improperly?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply!

I've checked 15 GA accounts, Data Studio reports and sources, all have the same problem.
All campaigns are properly filtered in GA, but in DS only unfiltered data is showing for the same timeframe.

The problem appeared yesterday. Before that everything worked perfectly.