AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Scorecards no showing Year over Year comparison when using filters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys, 

I have created a few scorecards in Google Data Studio (my data source is Google Analytics) which show some metrics and year over year differences. Unfortunately, when I try to filter out my Google Data Studio dashboard using Google Analytics filter (the filter is also in Google Data Studio and it is the same data source as the one used for scorecards), the year over year comparison does not work any longer (it displays a message "no data"). 

Do you happen to know how I can solve this issue? 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Analytics Scorecards no showing Year over Year comparison when using filters

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Marta,

What is the filter you are using?

If you remove the filter, does the YoY comparison work?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is a filter based on custom dimension (site type). When I remove the filter everything is working fine. Also comparison with previous period( wg last 28 days vs 28 days before) works fine.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Marta,

Sorry if this is too basic of a question, but are you sure there is data for that custom dimension for the previous year? Has that custom dimension existed since last year? Has it been getting the same kind of data the whole time (e.g., did the dimension get repurposed somewhere along the way so your filter doesn't apply to the older data?)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rick, 

Unfortunately, this custom dimension was created last year in September and this is a reason why I cannot make YoY comparison. Thanks!

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Glad you figured it out!