Data Studio
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Goals not working in Google Data Studio (but they do work in Google Analytics)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Any idea why Goals would work in Google Analytics, but not work in Google Data Studio.  Every goal appears as 0 for all types of goal-related metric completions, conversion rate, etc.

Very surprising since they have all worked just fine in Google Analytics.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problem here. All goal starts, completes and abandons are showing up as 0 is Data Studio, but have values assigned in GA. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here. I have 2 data studio's set up that track from our website. 1) our company home page to track data from customers just ending up on our site. 2) one that is built to track traffic coming from CPC/direct links to our shopping cart pages. 

Chart 1 is pulling all the correct data for me but chart 2 is not pulling any goal data. I am wondering if because I have the same goal funnel set up for both analytics accounts if it is prohibiting chart 2 from reporting completed goals. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Having the same issue. We have some Call Rail goals setup to track calls, and they won't pull into Data Studio, but they're fine in Analytics. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I experience the same issue on my end. Hoping that Data Studio team will fix that soon.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been having this issue also, although I still encounter it on several different reports, I have also fixed some by performing the following:

1. Deleting the original Source and re-connecting

2. Edit the data source within the report and where "segment conversion type" is, by using the drop down to the right of the text, click count and wait for it to load.

It's not bulletproof but worth a try.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same.

We have a goal showing 356 conversions in GA, though 216 in Data Studio. Unsure what the issue is...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay, this is what I did that worked 100%:

1. I deleted and reconnected the view where my goals weren't showing up... you'll have two in your history, but we´ll worry about that later.

2. I connected a test view (not previously connected) with all my goals. If you don't have one, make one and create the goals there in Google Analytics.

3. I copied the report I already have made and connected it to that test version.

4. I created the goal chart that I originally wanted in the test version report (they should show up individually beneath "goal conversions" when you go to "add a metric." I added each goal individually in its "completion" form, but you can choose what part of the goal phase you want to measure.)

5. I changed the data source again but had to figure out which "added data source" was the correct one. Now I have two added data sources with the same name.. which is weird because I supposedly deleted it... but, whatever.

6. You'll know which source is correct by checking out your goal chart where the names should show up correctly when connecting the correct, duplicate data source. You won't need to add the goal metrics again because they should be the same ones in your test version. It will be automatic.

7. Your report will be the exact same, colors, charts, etc. but now your goal completions should start showing up.

Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I created a new view, which is empty of data, so I guess we need to wait for new data to come through. The old data is not something we can report on - by the looks of it.

Unless I have followed this incorrectly :-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had the same problem. But I made it work, All I did was change the View (for example "User ID view" then I just changed back to my regular view.

Owkred like a charm, got all my goals.