AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Goals in GA don't match Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My goals in data studio are not matching my goals in GA. I am using multiple filters. I was curious if anyone knows if this could be related to GA's last click attribution and how Data Studio uses attribution. 

Any assistance with this is appreciated?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

This may be down to data sampling. I have experienced the same issues in the past when using too many filters or segments. My workaround was to use Supermetrics for Google Sheets and connect this to GDS. But, there is a cost for the tool.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

There is no data sampling in Data Studio. You should have the same data in GA and DS. Are you saying you are not seeing your goals or the data from your goals doesn't match? 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I've also read that there is no data sampling in GDS but from my first hand experience, somewhere along the line sampling does occur where data for goals do not match in GA and GDS when multiple filters or segments are used.

This thread gives more insight if you read the whole string: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Data-Studio/thread-id/...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the replies! 

I am using 360 so I don't have sampling in my GA. I do see the goals in Data Studio, but not all of them match up.

I do have multiple filters on, but the weird thing is that I have a few goals broke out using the same filters and they match in both. It is my overall goal total that is not matching up once the filters are applied.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

There are to be answers to these un-matching numbers. Do you use UTC as time zone? What type of option have you chosen? Faster response or greater precision in GA? Maybe the filters and conditions applies are not exactly the same too in both interface. 

As I said, there is no data sampling in Data Studio. If you have numbers that are not matching, there is a reason why.