Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Goal reporting on Google Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am new to Google Data Sudio so my apologies if this is a "simple" question...

I would like to make this dashboard:

SourceSessions% new sessionsNew usersBounce RatePages/sessionAverage Sessions DurationConversionsConversion rateGoal 1Goal 2Goal 3
Facebook           
Adwords           
Organic           
YouTube           
LinkedIn           
Total           

The website I am tracking is not an e-commerce store but a information store. Therefore, my transactions are clicks on buttons tracked by goals - 3 in total.

The first part of the table is okay to set up, I am struggling on the conversion rate and the goals. I cannot seem to find an option which shows the conversion rate for all goals (same as completed goals)?

Many thanks for your help,

Marion

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Marion,

You'll have 3 dimensions for each goal which show the completion rate per goal - if you want to SUM or AVERAGE these you should be able to achieve this with a new calculated field. Does this help?

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for you reply Ben - I realize I haven't given enough details - you're right that's what I am trying to do but currently I am pulling all informations from Google Analytics. Hence not using any formula... My question was therefore - is there anyway to pull this information from Google Analytics exactly like the rest of the table?

Many thanks,

Marion

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Not exactly - you'll have to work through your data and built it up in steps - however, most of that data should be easily available out of the box! I'd suggest starting with a data table and adding your dimensions and metrics so you can work out what, if anything, is missing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm sorry, I am not sure I am following you. Do you mean creating a separate table where I pull the individual conversion rate from GA and then creating a google sheet table where I copy this information and use a AVERAGE formula?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry I may be slow to understand but I am stuck so any help would be welcomed!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Marion

Are you able to share a screenshot of where you are at now on DataStudio? E.g. your table as it is now?

Ben

Re: Goal reporting on Google Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Here's my table so far:

Capture d’écran 2017-10-13 à 15.05.54.png

The last columns holds all goals transactions. I would like to add a column to this table with overall conversion rate for all goals. My whole tables all pull data from Google Analytics.

Does this help?

Many thanks,

Marion

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Marion,

So would your new column be the sum of goal 1, goal 2 and goal 3 divided by all sessions?

Ben

Re: Goal reporting on Google Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes exactly!