Data Studio
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

'Get Report Failed' error when user (with edit privileges) tries to access via URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of my users cannot access a Data Studio report that is shared via URL. I tried giving them edit privileges as the report contains date comparison fields and a documented bug was preventing 'View' users from loading reports with date comparison fields. Apparently that bug was fixed earlier this week.

Any ideas why an 'Edit' user would see a 'Get report failed' error?  Screenshot attached. User is on Chrome and is signed in to Google Apps.

Error page content is here   and I've typed in the error content below

----

Get Report Failed

Oops! You may need permission to access this report

Request Access   /  RETURN TO REPORT LIST

----

'Get Report Failed' error when user (with edit privileges) tries to access via URL

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue exactly, did you ever get this working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bryan,

I was never able to solve the access problem and could not track down any assistance from Google despite our company being a Google 360 customer. I ended up, regretfully, passing on Google Data Studio and moving our organizations dashboards to Mode Analytics. Data Studio is very appealing but without access to support for issues like this one I had to look elsewhere. We've been very happy with Mode so far.     

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Charlie,

I seem to have found a solution to the issue:

1) Client cannot use IE
2) Client cannot have an ad blocker running

3) Make sure your client has no firewall blocking