AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

GDS data isn't matching what is in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I'm creating a report in GDS and a number of metrics aren't matching what GA is displaying.

The Data sources/properties are the same, same date range and same metrics.

In the GA property which has no filters I have 5649 page views and in GDS I have 3414 page views, which is a large discrepancy. I am using scorecards and table modules.

Please contact me via email for Property ID's etc

Thanks
Callum

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

When you're in GA, is the data being sampled? That could definitely account for a difference. 

In your table, are you breaking out the table by a specific dimension? When you compare that data to GA, are you comparing the value of the total for that row to the same row in GA (rather than comparing the overall number rolled-up to the total of all the rows)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Litmon

It's a strange one, I come in today and check and GDS is now matching GA.... I reconnected the Data sources a number of times as well...

I was comparing the total rolled up page views in both i.e. Page views in the Behavior > Overview Tab.

One of those intermittent things I guess..

Thanks for your time.

Callum

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

There's a lot of things that could impact your numbers in DS and GA. First thing first would be to find the accurate number. The Query Explorer is a great tool to find that number. Then you can compare numbers and see if GA or DS is right. From that point, you can look for filters, date range, sampling issues that could lead to a misleading number on GA or DS. 

Hope this helps.