Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Funnel conversion rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm trying to add the funnel conversion rate to data studio. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this? I can find the Goal conversion metric for my goals but am not sure how to filter this so I get the actual funnel conversion rate.

Thanks for your help!

Hester

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hester B
November 2016

Funnel conversion rate

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you describe what you mean by funnel conversion rate?  

Are you asking, for instance, how to define the conversion rate for goal starts vs goal completions, or are you looking for the conversion rate for different goal completions, or are you wanting to know the conversion rate for all goal completions?

Regardless of the type of action you are seeking to define the conversion rate for, the answer is probably going to be the same - you need to create a custom metric.  To create a custom metric for conversion rate, the formula will probably look like this: {metric} / sessions

{metric} is just a placeholder for the goal or action you are interested in measuring, and remember to change the number format to percent.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hester B
November 2016

Funnel conversion rate

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you describe what you mean by funnel conversion rate?  

Are you asking, for instance, how to define the conversion rate for goal starts vs goal completions, or are you looking for the conversion rate for different goal completions, or are you wanting to know the conversion rate for all goal completions?

Regardless of the type of action you are seeking to define the conversion rate for, the answer is probably going to be the same - you need to create a custom metric.  To create a custom metric for conversion rate, the formula will probably look like this: {metric} / sessions

{metric} is just a placeholder for the goal or action you are interested in measuring, and remember to change the number format to percent.

Funnel conversion rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Ad A. I added a metric dividing goal completions by goal starts.