AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Formulas for unique events in Data Studio

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have 4 scorecards with values of unique events all filtered differently. I now want to deduct the numbers from each other and present them on other scorecards and also perform some percentage differences. The aim is to mimic a funnel and funnel conversion. Any idea how I can do it?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bww5njamtqeJWU8zaUpmSnR0SkU/view?usp=sharing

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Tamara,

Scorecards don't store data into a variable that can then be used in other scorecards/components.

I think you're best bet is to create a calculated dimension with a CASE WHEN statement that returns a value for each different value of the unique events that you need.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to use this formula:

((Unique Events * COUNT(CASE WHEN (  REGEXP_MATCH(Event Category, 'Registration (Mobile)')AND REGEXP_MATCH(Event Action,'Success') ) THEN 1 ELSE 0 END )) /(Unique Events * COUNT(CASE WHEN (  REGEXP_MATCH(Event Category, 'Registration') AND REGEXP_MATCH(Event Action, 'step 1') ) THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)))

but the result of each individual case is the same so the final answer is resulting in 100% which is incorrect. Is there something wrong with my syntax? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have exactly the same question. Did you find a solution?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The way to do it is use calculated metrics. However my math is not making sense. Perhaps yours will Smiley Happy