Guide Me
star_border

Formulas for unique events in Data Studio

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have 4 scorecards with values of unique events all filtered differently. I now want to deduct the numbers from each other and present them on other scorecards and also perform some percentage differences. The aim is to mimic a funnel and funnel conversion. Any idea how I can do it?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bww5njamtqeJWU8zaUpmSnR0SkU/view?usp=sharing

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tamara,

Scorecards don't store data into a variable that can then be used in other scorecards/components.

I think you're best bet is to create a calculated dimension with a CASE WHEN statement that returns a value for each different value of the unique events that you need.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to use this formula:

((Unique Events * COUNT(CASE WHEN (  REGEXP_MATCH(Event Category, 'Registration (Mobile)')AND REGEXP_MATCH(Event Action,'Success') ) THEN 1 ELSE 0 END )) /(Unique Events * COUNT(CASE WHEN (  REGEXP_MATCH(Event Category, 'Registration') AND REGEXP_MATCH(Event Action, 'step 1') ) THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)))

but the result of each individual case is the same so the final answer is resulting in 100% which is incorrect. Is there something wrong with my syntax? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have exactly the same question. Did you find a solution?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The way to do it is use calculated metrics. However my math is not making sense. Perhaps yours will Smiley Happy