AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Formula Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to create a formula to determine the % of overall users that click through an event action. How do I do that? 

Formula Help

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Click a pencil by your Data Source name, Click + to create a new field. 

Name your field, like "EventClickers" or something Smiley Happy In the formula field, start entering Events, and then select dimension from a drop down "Events/Sessions with events". Type "/" to divide, and then start typing "Sessions" - select the Sessions dimension. In the data Type column of your field change it to Percent. Now you can make a table where Dimension will be your Event Label, or Event Action, or Event Category - whichever is suitable and logical. Then as a metric - select your new field "EventClickers". You will get the percentage - session, not user wise, but this is how Events are measured in GA.

Formula Help

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Please let me know if it is still too tricky (it's hard to explain in just words) - I will make some screenshots for you Smiley Wink