AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Filters don't work

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm having a problem with my filters. I have a table listing the sources, sorted by the number of sessions. There are a few sources that are from internal departments that I want to filter out from the table. But when I create the filter, the sources are still there... This is what my filter looks like:

Knipsel.PNG

It does filter out the top one (resourcemanager), but not the others. I already tried changing the rules to 'contains  -connexys', but same results. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Filters don't work

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I actually fixed it myself, by including all conditions in one regular expression. That removed any mysterious conflict that was interfering. So a best practice: you want to use a filter with multiple clauses and it doesn't work? Try to use regular expressions instead.

Filters don't work

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Paulien V. I believe you needed to exclude with an "AND" statement, not an "OR" statement. RegEx is typically what I use though in similar situations. 

Filters don't work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Paulien, 

I would advice you to use "Regex matches" instead of "Equal to" or "Contains". The REGEX would be ^.*connexys.*

Just be careful because it will exclude EVERYTHING containing "connexys".

Let me know if it helped you.

Cheers,

Oscar