3.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Filters don't work

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm having a problem with my filters. I have a table listing the sources, sorted by the number of sessions. There are a few sources that are from internal departments that I want to filter out from the table. But when I create the filter, the sources are still there... This is what my filter looks like:

Knipsel.PNG

It does filter out the top one (resourcemanager), but not the others. I already tried changing the rules to 'contains  -connexys', but same results. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Filters don't work

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I actually fixed it myself, by including all conditions in one regular expression. That removed any mysterious conflict that was interfering. So a best practice: you want to use a filter with multiple clauses and it doesn't work? Try to use regular expressions instead.

Filters don't work

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Paulien V. I believe you needed to exclude with an "AND" statement, not an "OR" statement. RegEx is typically what I use though in similar situations. 

Filters don't work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Paulien, 

I would advice you to use "Regex matches" instead of "Equal to" or "Contains". The REGEX would be ^.*connexys.*

Just be careful because it will exclude EVERYTHING containing "connexys".

Let me know if it helped you.

Cheers,

Oscar