AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
5K members online now
5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Filter issue affecting Scorecard and Table results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Created custom Filter to group a Page Path Level 2 and Page Path Level 3 results together Filter: Include Page path level 3 Equal to (=) /Overview OR Include Page path level 2 Equal to (=) /Overview On table that list out with no filter - Page Path Level 2 shows 1146 Page Views 957 for unique page views Page Path Level 3 shows 1044 Page views 838 for Unique page views The Scorecard or table with the above filter applied only shows 1044 Page views and 838 for unique pageviews If I delete the or filter containing Page Path Level 3 scorecard or table shows 1146 Page Views 957 for unique page views So it is not adding the results only showing the result of the last filter in the list of include or filters

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Is it possible that there are some page paths that are listed as "other" in both page path 2 and 3? If it's not either/or then there is some overlap that would mean the numbers wouldn't add up properly. 

As a note, I struggled with reading your question, I think that punctuation would help a lot Smiley Happy

Re: Filter issue affecting Scorecard and Table results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good point, I had selected HTML when it posted converted back to Rich text and removed the punctuation, added pictures this time Smiley Happy

Created custom Filter to group a Page Path Level 2 and Page Path Level 3 results together

Filter: Include Page path level 3 Equal to (=) /Overview OR Include Page path level 2 Equal to (=) /Overview

On table that list out with no filter - Page Path Level 2 shows 1146 Page Views, and 957 for unique page views

Page Path Level 3 shows 1044 Page views, and 838 for Unique page views

The Scorecard or table with the above filter applied only shows: 1044 Page views and 838 for unique pageviews

If I delete the or filter containing Page Path Level 3, the scorecard or table shows 1146 Page Views, and 957 for unique page views.

So it is not adding the results only showing the result of the last filter in the list of include or filters.

Filter:

Filter.PNG

Scorecard result with Filter

Scorecard Result.PNG

Actual from List

PagePath Level 3.PNGPagePath2.PNG

Notice Scorecard is only display PagePath Level 3's number.  If I delete the or filter and only have page path level 2, that is the number shown.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

What's your setup of the scorecard? You pulled in pageviews as the metric and then applied a filter that's either 3 or 2? Have you tried setting up three different filters: filter for 3 OR 2, filter for only 3, filter for only 2? It sounds like there's something wonky with the filters, so any more info you could provide on the scorecard setup might help. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This one is pretty simple

Scorecard.PNG

With the filter I tried the pagelevel 2 or 3, Just 2, just 3.  The result with the compound filter is 838, with just page level 3 it is 838, with just Page level 2 it is 957

Same scorecard setup with page level 3 filter removed

Page Level 2 only.PNG

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

And you're definitely doing 2 OR 3 in the filter, not 2 AND 3? I could see how this might happen if one of them is a subset of the other, but it's weird that the compound number is not the higher number of the results you're getting. 

Other than that, I'm struggling as much as you are. This is strange. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Didn't realize the screen shot cut off the end of the filter

definitely using OR, did throw in and just to see if it was a flip flop issue on the back end, when I do that I get no data:

Here is the updated screen shot of the filter currently applied:

Filter.PNG

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Still looking for a solution, filter not summing results 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Jon_Gritton any thoughts?