Guide Me
star_border

Filter data in a graph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I´m trying to show in a bars graph the following data for each month:

Bar 1 = Quantity of demos made in the period (I count how many different accounts names I have)

Bar 2 = State of sale (In the data source I have a Column that could have the following options: Sale/Not sale/Agreement/Pending)

So Bar 1 is solved right now.

The problem is Bar2

• If I create a filter to select "Sale" in, this filter applies to all the graphs (including Bar 1)
  • I´m able to apply a breakdown, but it shows me all the possible values I have and not only the ones I want to compare.

Hope I made myself clear and someone can help me!

Saludos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nico W
August

Filter data in a graph

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm curious about the choice to use a bar chart. What's the metric you want to use for bar 2? 

In my head I'm picturing it with the dimension of "state of sale" and the metric of "quantity of demos." With this, you'll end up with four bars, one for sale, one for not sale, etc. 

If you want to see trends from month to month (rather than for one specific time period), a line chart might serve you better. For that, you could use the month as the dimension and state of sale as the breakdown dimension. This will give you one line for each of the states. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nico W
August

Filter data in a graph

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm curious about the choice to use a bar chart. What's the metric you want to use for bar 2? 

In my head I'm picturing it with the dimension of "state of sale" and the metric of "quantity of demos." With this, you'll end up with four bars, one for sale, one for not sale, etc. 

If you want to see trends from month to month (rather than for one specific time period), a line chart might serve you better. For that, you could use the month as the dimension and state of sale as the breakdown dimension. This will give you one line for each of the states. 

Filter data in a graph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Litmon thanks for your reply. 

The idea was to show basically the conversion. Sales vs All demos. 

The line graph you mention is valid but it also includes the other states (pending, not sale)

Saludos!