AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Filter control for events

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I set up a filter control for a group of graphs and diagrams. The options are the label of one specific event. When I go to view mode and select a certain label there  comes an error message: for some "no data" and for others "configuration error" (Error ID: ed97d965). What went wrong? It should be possible to filter the data by a label, right? I hope someone can help me!

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

What kind of metrics are you applying the filters to?

Not all dimensions can be combined with all metrics. For example, event label can be combined with Sessions but not with Cost per Transactions. So, make your report has the only relevant metrics to the filter.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I want to filter basic data as sessions, pageviews, bounce rate, avg. time on page, etc. by event action and it´s not working for any of the data. I just set up the tracking. Is it due to some data proctetion stuff that I have to have a certain amount of events to be able to filter?