2.3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Filter by Metric Value

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have pretty simple table with one dimension and two metrics. I want to be able to filter out any rows where metric 2 is greater than X.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, 

-dave

1 Expert replyverified_user

Filter by Metric Value

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Dave M,

Every report has a search box at the top right (even the custom reports), next to it there is a blue text that says "Advanced"

Clik on it to expand the advanced filter options. There you will be able to filter by metric or dimension.

Hope it helps,

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Filter by Metric Value

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Dave!

Unfortunately, there is no option to filter by metric in Google Data Studio.
I hope this feature will be added soon, but at this moment we can only filter by dimension.
https://support.google.com/360suite/datastudio/answer/6291066?hl=en&ref_topic=6369007

"Filter properties include or exclude the records retrieved from the data source by comparing the data in the selected dimension against an expression you provide."

Filter by Metric Value

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Carlos - Maybe I am missing something but I see no search box at the top right of my table or in the table properties. 

Filter by Metric Value

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tomasz. So has anyone come up with a work around in the meantime? For instance, if I only want to show rows within a certain value threshold would I have to write a new expression? And can I add filters within an expression like Qlikview? 

Filter by Metric Value

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Sorry Dave, I thought you were referring to the reports in GA itself (forgot to see the category of the post).

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me