AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Filter a slide by country

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way of having a filter on the slide which allows someone to easily switch between traffic for different countries i.e. something that updates the entire slide to reflect traffic from a different country. All data is pulled from GA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Naveed A
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Naveed,

You'd have to try it to be sure - but I beleive it should. I am using this setup to filter reports by device type and my scorecards update with the relevant device metrics as the filter is adjusted.

Ben

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Naveed,

Sure, if you have 'Country' as a dimension in your data you can do this by adding a 'Filter Control', here's a link which shows you how to set one up:

https://support.google.com/360suite/datastudio/answer/6312144?hl=en

Hope this help you!

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ben

Does each element on the slide need to have a dimension set in order to do this? I am using scorecards in the slide which you can't set a dimension on.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Naveed A
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Naveed,

You'd have to try it to be sure - but I beleive it should. I am using this setup to filter reports by device type and my scorecards update with the relevant device metrics as the filter is adjusted.

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Ben

Have now got this working.